Free Drop Off at our Swink (Sugar Factory) Location:
Cartons: both types (shelf-stable & refrigerated)
Glass: bottles and jars, all colors
Metals: aluminum, steel, tin cans, washers & dryers, small appliances (no freon)
Paint: latex and oil based paints. Must have original labels
Paper: newspaper, office, shredded, magazines, junk mail
Kitty litter buckets
5- gallon buckets (clean, uncracked)
Cattle supplement tubs
Triple-rinsed ag chemical jugs
Pallets in good condition
Pay-Per-Bag Plastics Recycling
Simply purchase a recycling bag, fill it with clean (rinsed) recyclables, and drop it off at one of our drop-off locations.
1. Cost: $3.00 per 40 gallon bag
2. Make sure containers are empty & clean.
3. Please don’t cut up plastic as we sort it by type before baling & shipping
4. The bag has one or two attached cords. Please thread cord(s) through holes in bag or wrap around bag top. Use a bow knot to close the bag to avoid spilling and make opening easier for our sorters.
Plastic bottles and containers – #1 #2 #5
Some common examples of these number can be (but aren’t limited to):
#1 PET: soda bottles, water bottles, most single use drinking bottles
#2 HDPE: milk jugs, detergent jugs, soap bottles, large supplement tubs, triple-rinsed chemical jugs
#5 PP: medicine bottles, dairy tubs, baling twine
Non Recyclable Plastics:
#3 PVC: bottles, containers, PVC pipe
#4 LDPE: bottles, containers
#6 PS: compact disc jackets, tableware, containers, styrofoam
#7 Other: reusable bottles
Styrofoam is not recyclable
No ziplock or trash bags or pet food bags.
No plastic film – bubble wrap, clear plastic wrap, 6-pack plastic, frozen vegetable or meat bags.
More on Plastics Recycling
Electronics Recycling is available only at the Old Sugar Factory location in Swink. We are partnering with “Sustainability” to ethically recycle electronics while providing meaningful jobs in Colorado.
Electronics Recycling Fees:
· No charge: computers* (towers, laptops, servers), cell phones, ink cartridges, toner cartridges…
· 20 cents/lb: general E-waste: printers, AV equipment, IT components, scanners, small appliances, flatscreen TV’s & flatscreen monitors
· 25 cents/foot: fluorescent tubes
· 40 cents/lb: computer monitors, TV’s (old style CRT’s)
· 50 cents each for CFL bulbs
* For data destruction, take your computer to Triad Computer Systems at 1321 E 3 rd in La Junta. They will certifiably erase all personal data and then recycle your computer through Clean Valley Recycling.
Cardboard is the single largest component of waste from businesses going to our landfill and it is one of the easiest items to recycle. So don’t throw it in the dump – recycle it!
1. Break down and flatten your cardboard, corrugated cardboard or paper-board (cereal boxes, etc) and stack in an intact box.
2. Do not include any cardboard contaminated with oil, grease, food or chemicals.
3. Bring your cardboard to one of our drop-off locations.
4. We would be happy to come and pick up cardboard at your place of business for a minimal fee. Call us to set up a pick-up schedule: 468-0254.
Recycle your leftover paint! Free drop-off. Lids need to be secure with original labels on container. Paint will be re-purposed and sold for $5 per gallon.