We accept glass bottles and jars of any color. Our glass is recycled by MillerCoors into beer bottles.
- Every month we throw out enough recyclable glass bottles and jars to fill up a giant skyscraper.
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle can power a 100-watt light bulb for four hours, or a compact fluorescent bulb for 20 hours, or a computer for 20 minutes, or a TV for 13 minutes.
- It causes 20% less air pollution and 50% less water pollution to recycle one glass bottle than when a new bottle is made from raw materials.
- Glass is 100% recyclable and can be recycled endlessly.
- A modern glass bottle would take 4000 years or more to decompose — and even longer if it’s in the landfill.
- Mining and transporting raw materials for glass produces about 385 pounds of waste for every ton of glass that is made. If recycled glass is substituted for half of the raw materials, the waste is cut by more than 80%.
- Do you know what natural resource glass is made of? Learn the answer and more glass facts here in this Glass Fact Sheet from CleanUpTheWorld.org